Investors on Percent can add an optional layer of security to their accounts with multi-factor authentication. This added layer of protection can help safeguard accounts against unauthorized access.
What is Multi-Factor Authentication?
Multi-factor or “two-step” authentication acts as a protective barrier against unwanted account intrusions.
- This creates an extra step in the login process by generating a time-sensitive passcode.
- Users can enable multi-factor authentication in their Percent account by downloading an authenticator app (like Google Authenticator for iPhone or Android) and connecting it to their Percent account.
How Do I Enable Multi-Factor Authentication?
Once you finish downloading a multi-factor authentication app to your phone, you can easily add this extra layer of security to Percent in just a few steps.
1. Sign in to your Percent account. After logging in, click your name on the top right of the screen and select Security.
2. On the next screen, click the Set Multi-Factor Authorization button.
3. You will receive an email with instructions on how to continue setting up multi-factor authentication. Click the Setup Multifactor Authentication button in the email.
4. Using your authentication app on your phone, scan the QR code on the page titled Secure Your Account.
5. Your authentication app will now give you a six-digit code to type into the Secure Your Account page. Enter the code and press the Continue button.
6. You will be presented with a backup code in the event you lose your phone. Copy this code to a secure note or write down the code and keep it in a safe place. Once you do this, check the checkbox and click the Continue button.
How Do I Log in With Multi-Factor Authentication?
Start by going to percent.com and log in as usual. After successfully verifying your email address and password, you will be prompted to enter the code from your authenticator app. Type in the six-digit code from your app and you will be logged in.
What Happens if I Lose My Phone?
If you lose your phone with your authenticator app installed, Percent’s Customer Success team will be able to help you recover your Percent account upon verification of your identity.
Is Multi-Factor Authentication Required?
While we highly encourage investors to take advantage of these additional security features, multi-factor authentication is not required at this time to use Percent.
Click below to start safeguarding your account with multi-factor authentication.